Thursday, December 07, 2006

Things work out

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." - Proverbs 16:9.

I finished watching Ben-Hur today, and I must say that it was a pretty good movie! It was made in 1959, and it was complete with a musical interlude and an intermission. Cool stuff, huh? After watching that movie and then reading the rest of "Boy Meets Girl," I found that I was starting to reflect on the instances in my life where God has placed me. I also started thinking to myself, "I don't want God to tell me what's going to happen to my life in the future. If he told me as a kid that I would be living in Tennessee, going to Middle Tennessee State University, and that I was only 5 foot 4, I would be like, "WHAT?!?!?" It's a good thing that I don't know exactly how my future is planned out. I don't need to know who my future wife is going to be. I don't need to know where I'm going to live or what Job I'll have. I don't need to know if Dexter is going to figure out that his sister's boyfriend is really the Ice Truck Killer (although I think he will find out this Sunday). All we can do is just live out our lives day to day and continue growing in our walk with Christ.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Isaiah 29:11.

No comments: