Friday, March 07, 2008

Anvil and Spring Break

First off I know that it is weird to have a spring break when it is not even spring yet, but you just have to go with the flow as far as that is concerned.

I want to talk about Anvil. Anvil was the weekend retreat the guys from our youth group (grades 6-12) took last week. We went to Camp Linden and we participated in a variety of things; a meat fest where we ate such meats as Kangaroo, Ostrich, Black Bear, Rabbit, etc., a time of togetherness where we smashed various objects ( i.e. mayo packets, melons, and cat food with a wooden mallet), and a relay race. All of this was topped off with our bible study and worship related to the topic of courage. Although when I asked my guys what they thought of Anvil, only a couple of them could even remember what we talked about.

Spring Break is pretty good so far. I have to go back to class on Monday, so I'm kinda sad. Break went by really fast! I got to visit Sarah for several days. It was kind of funny because out of the three days I was there, school got called off for two of them! It was even called off today, so I was either bringing the kids of Selmer, TN good luck, or Sarah and other teachers a difficult time. Who knows?!? We had fun though. We played card games, games on the computer, watched movies, made/ate some rice balls, went to Corinth, it was a good time. Fun to hang out with the sister!

Now, I am just trying to enjoy the rest of my break. Maybe watch a couple of movies, read, or just do nothing. Regardless, it should be fun.

No comments: