Friday, November 21, 2008

"Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement" - Brian Tracy

I was trying to think of a good tag-line for this blog. I basically am going to talk about school and the upcoming fall retreat (leave today return on Sunday), but my tag-line for my next blog will be about fall retreat, so what's the point? Not to mention I have about 50 blogs that have the word school or update in the title, so I should just be original. I like this quote anyway.

I told one of my friends recently, "Just remember how you eat an elephant...one bite at a time!" That has been my mantra for this past semester. This has definitely been one of the busiest semesters so far. I know that next semester will be icky too since I have Practicum (somewhat like a mini version of student teaching) and Math Methods - which will encompass a lot of tutoring. I have learned a lot this semester from my classes, but I have had to eat that elephant bite by bite. You know the funny part? I am about to the shoulders. I have a ways to go with the really big projects that are coming up.

I am excited about Fall Retreat. We're going to be talking about being restored, and I am teaching 7th grade. It will be different, but I think it will be good as well. I will also be able to spend some time with my current life-group in a non-formal setting. That will be good. I'm also looking forward to hanging out with the leaders as well as some 7th graders I may meet for the first time in that session.

Thanksgiving is coming! I have to say, that I really enjoy Thanksgiving. I am somewhat impartial when it comes to turkey, but I absolutely love Pumpkin Pie and Cranberry Sauce. Not mixed together, but just in general. It is also fun to see the family and talk about life. I am almost 5"6 with my hair now, so it gives the allusion that I've grown a little bit. That's the thing about my hair. It grows out and up...not down. I get like a little 'fro going, so I look like well...have you seen those Chia Pets? It's something like that.

I guess I should be going. I hope that you all have a great rest of the day and I will update soon on the Fall Retreat!

No comments: