Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Procrastination

I think about my father when this issue comes up. I always tell people that I don't procrastinate because I make a conscious decision to put things off until the last minute. So it's not really procrastination...Bad timing maybe...But not procrastination. I just think it's funny all the random stuff that happens while you procrastinate. Here is what I battle with when the moment comes.

"All right, it's time to start on my paper. But I can't start on my paper unless I have something to drink." I go and get something to drink. I think to myself, "How can I drink this unless I eat?" The problem now is that since I am eating and drinking, I can't type a paper! I then go and watch some TV. I see something on TV that reminds me I have to write a paper. Time to get serious. But since I'm on the computer, I might as well check my email. Since I'm checking my email, I might as well check Facebook. Then I end up looking at Facebook for a while until I remember, "I have a paper to write!" I write the first part. It looks good, so it's time for a break. Back on Facebook, perhaps watch some more TV. Then I remember, "I have a paper to write!" I write some more, find some errors, get frustrated, then go and listen to music. So now I am at the point where I have one more paragraph to write, I am blogging, and I plan to get up early and write the rest of it since I am tired from all that work. Go Scott!

I have decided to move to Europe, buy a vineyard, get a cool hat, and live out the rest of my days as a European Philosopher/Wine Maker named "Scott Le'Mons." I asked a friend to come with me, so I should be okay. Just thought you all should know. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I go? I married into the Gallo family 80 times removed.(True)Stephanie's mom