Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Kid's Thoughts on Love

With Valentine's Day tomorrow, I went searching the internet for advice on love. I went through Dr. Phil, Joshua Harris, William Shakespeare, but nothing seemed to work. So I thought to myself, "You know what I need? I need the simplicity of a child. They know what Love is." Then I came across some of the greatest quotes EVER.

-When asked why two people fall in love:

"No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell...that's why perfume and deodorant are so popular." Mae, Age 9

-On what falling in love is like:

"Like an avalanche where you have to run for your life." John, Age 9

"If falling in love is anything like learning to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." Glenn, Age 7

-When is it okay to Kiss Someone?

"When they're rich." Pam, Age 7.

"It's never okay to kiss a boy. They always slobber all over you...that's why I stopped doing it." Tammy, Age 7

"If it's your mother, you can kiss her anytime. But if it's a new person, you have to ask permission." Roger, Age 6.

-Finally, advice on how to make Love Endure

"Don't forget your wife's name...that will mess up the love." Erin, Age 9.

"Be a good kisser. It might make your wife forget that you never take out the trash." Dave, Age 9.

Just remember all the valuable advice you learned today. If all else fails, remember the words of 9 year old Camille. "Shake your hips, and hope for the best."

No comments: