Monday, May 14, 2007

What happens when you listen?

You know what happens when you listen? You hear things. Isn't that a crazy concept? I thought so too but apparently when you listen, you hear things. You hear your dog trying to tell you that they have to do their business, you hear a car horn beep when you don't go at a green light, and you even hear some of life's fun lessons that you refused to listen to earlier.

I have a couple examples from what happened to me recently. During Jay's sermon, he talked about how God came to Jacob in a dream. He then pointed out that God would come to us in any way necessary when we need him the most. Well, God came to me in a dream last night. Not kidding! I can't tell you what he said, because it's kinda personal. I will say a couple of things though. He was in a white suit and looked almost exactly like Michael Caine. I guess it was the whole older and wiser thing about God that I envisioned. Plus Michael Caine is the man! The other thing was while I was walking back to my car, I had a conversation with Kim Tone (she is a girl in my College Class). We were talking about our semester and everything, and I told her that I felt there was something telling me that I needed to teach in a Rural setting. She reminded me that might be the "Quiet Voice" we need to listen to which was part of our Bible Study lesson.

Who would have thought that these things were applicable to our lives?!?

(I have moments of sarcasm in this post...I thought I should tell you in case you think I'm a Heathen or something)

No comments: