Monday, July 21, 2008

Frist Center, St. John, Corn Dogs

I don't know why, but I have been wanting Corn Dogs lately. The other night when I had to pick up dinner I was thinking to myself, "I don't want Hamburgers, Tacos, Sandwiches, Soup, or Salad...I guess I'll have a Corn Dog!" It was enjoyable. The only mistake I made was I got two and I left one in the car. One of our St. John meetings was the other night, and it was getting kinda long. So to break the ice, I though it would be funny if I just randomly got a corn dog and started eating it. I knew people would be like, "Where did you get that Corn Dog?" I got some laughs from it but the moment I took a bite, I knew I was in trouble. It was sitting in the car for a couple of hours...but luckily I didn't get sick. Yeah me :-)

I also went to the Frist Center! It was really cool. I felt somewhat out of place because my gut reaction to some of the art was like, "Really? I could have drawn this!" Then I got to the "Shades of Gray" and "Artist's Voice" galleries. Those impressed me and even moved me a little. I do have to admit that I really enjoyed the Tiffany Lamp exhibit. It's amazing how much work and attention to detail these lamps require. It is really admirable how dedicated this company was to perfection and beauty. I am man enough to admit that I think Tiffany Lamps are cool. Take that, society!



I guess that's about it for now. I will not be blogging for a while because our trip to St. John is July 26th-August 3rd. We will be updating the website with everyones journals. So if you would like to see my journals for the week while I am at St. John, go to this address:

www.brentwoodcollege.com.

Thanks!

No comments: