Sunday, August 10, 2008

St. John Update, Olympics, and other stuff

I wrote a lot on my St. John journal so the update for this section of the blog, will be that you need to go to this link to read about it. http://www.brentwoodcollege.com/SJ_08/journals.php?name=scott.

I have enjoyed watching the Olympics. I have been keeping up mostly with Swimming, Men's Gymnastics, Beach Volleyball, and Sculling/Rowing. I tried to watch a bit of Water Polo, Fencing, and Cycling, but the ones mentioned in the previous sentence are probably my favorites. I love hearing the stories of some of these athletes. They have such dedication to their craft and their worth ethic is flawless because they know that they can't just go about it in any normal way. They have to give it their best and then some. Let's look at a small comparison. The Oscars are great because the actors will say that it is an honor just to be nominated. It's like that for the Olympics...it's great just to have the opportunity to compete against the best. To be mentioned among the best is a reward in itself. Yet each member that is nominated or competing wants the Gold.

I'm excited about Football starting. It's such a unique year. Favre is now with the Jets, Pennington with the Dolphins, and I think that this year Young and Cutler will need to have a good year to prove themselves. Not just to the league, but to their teammates and themselves.

Well, that's about it. Be sure to go to the link above to read about St. John! It was an amazing week!

No comments: