Monday, March 09, 2009

Eating Lions, reading books, and Georgia

I feel like doing a techno dance right now. I am listening to my Ipod and the song is, "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock. It makes it very distracting to write. I wouldn't be the only one in the family to freestyle dance today *cough* dad *cough*

We had Anvil for guys again this year. It wasn't like other years though, it was for one night only and we joined with the girls (who had an overnight thing for their Snowball retreat). The worship and speaker were great, and it was cool to hang out with some of my guys. The fun part of these retreats for us guys is that we eat lots of meat and then smash various things (watermelons, spam, pudding, apples, etc.) The meat we ate included Ostrich, Squid, Antelope, Shrimp, and...Lion Burgers. I'm not kidding!
I got to have a piece of it, but not a whole burger.
My favorite was the squid.
Since most people don't like the texture,
I got as much as I wanted.

I am reading two different books right now. I am reading,
"The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman and
"The Importance of Being Foolish - How to think like Jesus" by Brennan Manning (author of one of my favorite books - The Ragamuffin Gospel). Both books are really good so far. I am happy to be able to read them on Spring Break.

I'm on Spring Break!!! I still have a couple things to finish for school, but I am just relaxing right now. I am actually going on a mission trip the 11th-15th in Savannah, Georgia. We will be helping with church improvements (i.e. painting). It should be fun. This will be my first Spring Break Mission Trip. Let the serving begin!

Well, I should be going. You want to know something funny? I started with that techno song, and now I'm listening to "Spring, Spring, Spring" from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! This is on shuffle, so it makes it so much awesomer! Yes I know that's not a word...just overlook it.

Have a great one!

No comments: