Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break Mission Trip

From March 11th-15th, I went on a Mission Trip with my college ministry to Tybee Island, Georgia. There were about 8 students (including me), two adults (John and Rene'), and three kids (their kids) that all went (I like Parenthesis).

It was really cool...literally. The weather wasn't what you would expect from a beach/vacation spot. Although it was actually a blessing in disguise because we got a lot of work done and then some. What we did was we painted part of a church - Chapel by the Sea Baptist Church - and then we teamed with another church to put on a party for kids and their families during the St. Patrick's Day Parade that was in town.

I ended up scraping, priming, then painting the first day, and sweeping, holding garbage bags, and then painting with a roller the second day. For the kid's games I went with some of my fellow peers and talked to people about the party, and played some games with the kids such as corn hole and picking up rubber ducks with nets.

I really enjoyed hanging out with this group and serving. It made my Spring Break go by fast, but I think it was worth it. The only thing now is getting back into the routine of school. Of course I better get used to it because that is where I will probably spend a majority of my life :-)

No comments: