Saturday, May 02, 2009

What a crazy week!

I finally have a little time to just sit down and think about everything that has happened this week. I am listening to my iPod right now. Sarah made me listen to this guy on American Idol named Adam Lambert (I have never watched this show except for highlights on TV/Radio), and I have to say...he's very good. His version of "Mad World" is absolutely awesome. I downloaded his version of "Feeling Good" because Sarah told me how great it is...and it was great. Even though I don't really care about this show, I hope he wins. I would actually consider buying his album.

This week was absolutely insane. First off my last day of classes was this past Wednesday. I had two finals on that day (Racquetball and Methods & Techniques of Behavior Management). I basically spent all day Tuesday finishing projects and making sure everything was ready. Without going into too much detail let's just say that things did not go as I planned and there may be consequences in the future because of it. Yeah, we'll just leave it at that. I'm not too worried about it though. What happens, happens and I am still happy with what I learned this semester.

I did two service projects this week. One was with the Lifegroup that I teach. We have this thing in the Youth group called Mission OHB (Old Hickory Blvd) where we go out of the 37027 area code and serve the neighboring community. We team up with an organization called S.L.A.M. (Students Living A Mission) and do various projects. Last semester we went to Trevecca Towers and cleaned apartments for the elderly. This past Wednesday, we went to a health care facility and talked with the people there. My group ended up talking with this lady, her son, and a worker who was in there. It was great conversation. I was out of my comfort zone and I could tell some of my guys were too, but it all went okay.

The second service project I did was today. Today was the Great Day of Service that our church does where we serve someone in the neighboring community. My day of service should actually be renamed "The Great 1.5 hours of service" because of the weather and the fact that they didn't really need us. But, it was all good. Some people got pointed in the right direction because of me and my fellow friends, Tom Kimsey and Luanne Brooks.

I have one exam this week on May 6th and then I am done! I will start work on the 11th, because I really need to raise money for my mission trip this summer. I'm going to tell you where it is. Are you ready?!? I am going to.........HONG KONG!!!! I am excited and scared at the same time. Never been there, I know maybe 2 or 3 people going on this trip, and I am confident in saying this is outside my comfort zone (I apparently have a limited place of comfort, if you noticed the theme in this post). It's an amazing opportunity though, and I'm sure that everything will turn out all right.

I guess I will end this post now. I hope you all have a great rest of the day!

P.S. I played racquetball with my dad yesterday, and I am still very sore

1 comment:

SarahCat said...

Ha! Told you. Adam Lambert is da bomb.