Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why I can't drink starbucks coffee before bed

Hello everyone on the World Wide Web! You are seeing firsthand why I cannot have Starbucks coffee before I go to bed. For one thing, it hurts my stomach. It doesn't matter if I balance it out with something else, it still hurts. On top of that, it makes me feel tingly and keeps me wide awake with random thoughts and actions. I have tried almost everything to get to sleep. I have counted sheep, read part of a book, got a Pepcid, had some crackers and sprite for my stomach, and now I am blogging in hopes that if I get some of my thoughts out, I will be able to sleep. So after I am done writing this, I will play some music and try to get to sleep.

While I am writing, let me give you a couple of quick updates. I prayed for God to help me with my classes this semester since I missed a week of school because of Kidney Stones and this was my last semester of actual classes. There was one class I thought I wouldn't pass. I got my grades and for the first time since first semester freshman year...I got straight "A"s! My GPA even went up a little bit! God is good.

Several big things have also happened recently. I signed up for two tests for Praxis II that I need to get done (taking Reading Across the Curriculum and Elementary Core Content, June 13th). I started work on the 11th, had my first Hong Kong mission trip meeting this sunday night, and I went to my last ever event with the College Ministry.

I am going to go into detail about the last part. I have been privileged to serve the college ministry as part of their student leadership team for the past year. I have been in this ministry since a little after my second semester of college. The ministry has grown and is going in a new direction with John and Rene' deciding this to be their last year. They will transition out by August, and I decided that I would transition out after Mullet Search. So that was not only my last trip, but my last...I guess you could say intentional appearance with the College Ministry. It was a great weekend. My team ended up winning! I got a shirt as a prize! I also had some great conversations and just had a wonderful time. I'll miss all the people there, but I am thankful for what God has taught me through people I've met, Bible Studies I've attended, and events that I was a part of. This was just time for me to step aside and transition into a semester of student teaching and taking a new path in my life.

I will keep you posted on what else is going on with me. Thank you for listening, and I hope that you all have a great rest of the day!

No comments: