Monday, June 08, 2009

Can Coldplay? We'll see in this update.

Look at me doing a play on words! I originally was going to list all the things I was going to talk about in the title, but that would just have been way too many commas. Plus it would be like, "Why read the blog? It tells us everything in the title!"

Anyway, things have been going well. The past two weeks have been fun. I visited my sister a week ago in Selmer. We basically watched movies all weekend (four from Blockbuster and we went to Corinth, Mississippi to see "Up"), but it was fun. I really enjoyed going to the Baptist Church there. The people were very friendly, the sermon was good (the analogy of the windshield and the rear-view mirror was great), and it was fun to sing in the choir. The drive was about two and half hours, but It was very scenic and pretty so I just listened to my IPod and the trip went by fast.

Work is going well. I like to give my "C" personality what it enjoys while getting paid to do it.

I'm also getting ready for Hong Kong and doing a Bible Study with a couple of my friends on Packer's, "Knowing God." Tonight was our first night, and we had some good discussion. I'm looking forward to reading and discussing the next chapters.

Now...for Coldplay! My friend asked me a couple nights before if I wanted to go and I was like, "Sure...I know a couple of their songs. It should be fun." I have to say that of these guys put on a show! It was entertaining from start to finish and it was unlike anything I have ever experienced. They also played well live. That was something I was worried about because you know those bands that sound good on the radio but are horrible live. Overall it was a great experience, and I think Coldplay is pretty awesome.

I best be going now. Have a great rest of the day!

No comments: