Friday, August 21, 2009

Placements for Student Teaching

Hey Everyone!

The reason I haven't mentioned anything about my placements is because it was still up in the air. I had information for my second placement, but I still didn't have my first placement. The letter told me to wait until on or after the 19th to contact the office about it. On the 19th I contacted the office and got a response the next day. I then called up the placement coordinator and received news that the reason I didn't have a first placement was because of some issues/problems with the Williamson County administration and faculty that offered to have student teachers. Basically it looked very improbable and very unlikely that I could have Williamson County for my first placement. However I could get a placement in my second choice, Rutherford County, very quick. I went ahead and said that was okay, and I just got the information a little bit ago.

My first placement will be third grade at Blackman Elementary School

My second placement will be fifth grade at Edmondson Elementary School.

I really like this because I did my SOAR experience at Blackman Elementary, so I know the school and administration and really like both. I've never been to Edmondson Elementary, but it looks like a pretty awesome school too. I have my all-day seminar next Monday and then I start the next Tuesday on August 25th! Crazy!

I'll keep you updated on what's going on with teaching and everything. Have a good one!

No comments: