Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chewing Gum

I was looking at the writing prompt of the day, and today it said that we should write a poem about something that annoys us. I have chosen people that chew gum. No offense to any of you that do, this is just something weird with me. I hope you enjoy

As I sit here at my computer thinking of what annoys me and how
I think the worst of it all is you chewing gum like a cud-eating cow
How I loathe the sound it makes as you chew it with delight
I want you to spit it out, put it away, or chew it out of sight
Do you think I want to see that? Do you think it makes me glad?
I may put a smile on my face, but inside I am really mad
Thoughts of evil circle my mind as I see you chewing there
Please don't make me sin, why don't you just be aware?
There are people in this world that you should consider once in a while
So take out your gum, pop in a mint, and then I'll give you a genuine smile.


The End.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

scott, if i chew gum in ur sight, just give me a warning before u punch me in the mouth =]