Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hong Kong 2011 (Days 1 & 2)

Hello Everyone!

First off, I want to tell you that if my blogs seem to be all over the place (thought-wise) it's because I am timed with the amount of internet I can use (15 minutes per XX amount of dollars), so I am trying to get my thoughts together quickly!

We arrived in Hong Kong pretty much without any problems! It was a good thing although when you put together the total amount of time we were in the air along with the times we were waiting for a plane, we did a total of 21 hours of travel. It was tough. We flew from Nashville to Denver to San Francisco to Hong Kong. I don't think it really matters how many times you have done a flight this long, you never get used to it. I felt a little sick on the plan so the last hour and a half was me praying, "God, please don't let me get sick!" Luckily once we touched the ground, it was okay. The flight just seemed longer because I couldn't sleep and also we didn't have our own TV's that we could usually watch movies on and such.

Today (day two) has been really good! We got up early and headed to Evangel College where we will be doing the VBS. We met some of the people we are working with, set up our classrooms, and had a time of de-briefing. We are expecting around 80 kids! It should be pretty exciting. My class has 10 so far, but we are expecting around 4-5 to arrive that haven't gone through registration.

After we got done with that, we headed to this Christian Retreat center where we had a time of singing and prayer with our group and Pastor Thomas who is helping us coordinate and work VBS. It was a great time to hang out with the group and pray for this coming week. The weather has also been fantastic, so hopefully it will continue! The only thing is it is very hot. I have to keep reminding myself to stay hydrated.

Tomorrow we got to the church that we are parting with CBIBC (Clearwater Bay International Baptist Church). I will let you know more about that tomorrow. Just continue to pray for us as Jet Lag is setting in for some people and also the reality is kicking in that we are really in Hong Kong, VBS is really happening, and we need to be ready!

Have a great rest of the day and thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Kathi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathi said...

Bud: We are praying for you and thinking about what you might be doing during our waking hours. I know you and the team will be a blessing to all the children and volunteers. Happy Birthday when your 24th arrives. Love, Mom