Sunday, April 09, 2006

College Ministry of Brentwood Baptist

I have mentioned the College Ministry in some of my previous posts, but I believe that it is deserving to go into detail about certain aspects of this ministry and also to tell of how it is affecting my life and how it is affecting the life of others.

First off I want to say that I am really blessed to be part of this ministry. It has grown in many ways over the years, and even in the short amount of time that I have been a part of it. As a Ministry, we even had a meeting several hours ago discussing the directions it should take, what should be different, what should be added, and generally discuss our thoughts, concerns, and praises for the ministry. Every person that came to the meeting was able to voice their opinion and to be there for insight, guidence, and support. The atmosphere was such that an individual could express how they were feeling, without the fear of being rejected or judged. We were able to discuss the good and the bad and realize that the ministry nor us are perfect. I was very happy to be a part of it.

I want to take this opportunity to thank the leaders of the College Ministry, and a special thanks to John for convincing me to be a part of it. I have grown a lot in the past several months I have been a part of it. It has made the transition from High School to College much easier, and I am excited to find out what God has in store for me in the future and within the ministry.

I would also like to apologize if I said anything that detracted from the purpose of the meeting. I realize that some of the subjects hit a nerve in me, and it was no reflection on the leadership. I felt that some of what I said may have been irrational, and it was directed at no one in particular. If that kept anyone in the group from being able to share, I apologize.

I wish you all the very best and I hope that everyone has a great week.

P.S. If you want to learn more about this ministry, go to www.brentwoodcollege.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not the type that puts time and effort into something that you don't believe in - and for that I am honored that you would choose to spend time as part of the college ministry. To have that many people together discussing many different "hot button" topic - no one came across as mad/upset/miffed or anything negative - in fact, this was one of the most productive meetings we have ever had.

Part of the reason that God is continuing to bless this ministry is because of students like you. Earlier you posted about needing "Manly" lessons - don't worry about them - you are a Godly man. A man of character, integrity, insight, and depth. You worship God and show his love in all that you do. You are the poster child for being obedient to God.

Thank you for being Scott.

Now, let's go eat some raw meat.

Kara said...

scotty lemons-good to hear from you. i will put a copy of the invivble childreni n my purse and if you see me tomorrow at church flag me down!