Friday, April 07, 2006

Life and Storms

I have some good news before I get on to talking about the current situation here. I declared my Major today! In 3-4 years...or more depending on the situation...I may be called Mr. Scott or Mr. Lemons! By a bunch of Kids! It's a Bachelor of Science in Elementary and Special Education, Majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies K-6. I'm really excited! I looked at the classes I will be taking, and they all look really cool. I was worried about how I was going to deal with kids, discipline, etc. but it seems to cover all of the concerns I have. I've wanted to teach for a long time, so it doesn't surprise me that I selected education. Some reading this may be like, "You're not going to make any money!" A couple things to say about that. If I wanted to make a lot of money, I wouldn't have chosen this field! You don't go into it for the money. I have a gift for saving money/being cheap and using it well, so I don't think it will be a big deal. Plus I know teachers who are doing pretty well, it just takes time and sacrifice. However, I am happy with the major I choose, and I hope it works out.

On a more serious note, I must say that I have never seen anything like this weather before. It seems like all of Tennessee is in a warning of some kind. Severe Thunderstorms, Tornado watch, Tornado Warning, etc. It's absolutely crazy. Then you hear about all the damage that is being done, people injured, a couple fatalities, and hail ranging from like the size of your thumb to the size of SOFTBALLS! It was unbelievable to see that on the news. I can't imagine what that must sound like or be like with that size of hail falling from the sky. They showed some pictures of them, some close to about 3 inches! Isn't that crazy? The weather here in Murfreesboro can't make up its mind. We had a moment where it was hailing, some moments where it was completely silent, then to some rain with thunder and lightening, and like now, back to nothing really happening. All of what I'm saying depends on where in Murfreesboro you are at. I am really thankful that nothing extreme has happened, and we should all pray for the people in Sumner County and other parts of Tennessee that were hit hard and that are still in the midst of a storm.

No comments: