Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First Couple Days back: Spring 2007

All right it's not Spring yet, but that is the technical name for this semester. I just wanted to clear that up before we get on with the story of how my first couple of days have been. Are we good? If everyone is satisfied, I will move on.

Tuesday started off very interesting. I got up at 7:25am so that I would be fully ready and on time for my first class. I went early because I wasn't sure how to get to my class in the BDA. I was thinking to myself, "Why in the world does my first class have to be Speech?!?" I got there, found the class, and sat down to wait for class starting. I was very early, so I understood I had a while. The minutes passed, and passed, and passed. So far, there was only me and this other guy sitting in the hall. I kept looking at my schedule and was like, "Why isn't anyone here? It says 9:10 and it's 9:00. This professor in there is yammering on like he has another hour! Classes on Monday don't last for an hour and a half!" Then suddenly I started to think about that statement. Doesn't meet on Monday...DUH! TODAY IS TUESDAY!!!! I shouted, "Oh Crap!" then I ran out of the building. I think I scared the guy that was in the hall with me.

Lucky for me though, my next class (meaning my first Tuesday Class) met at 9:40. I wasn't late, and no one knew what happened. You can just call me Mr. Slick. Developmental Psychology was my first class. That should be a fun class. There are some people I know in all of my classes this semester, so it should be good...but to get back to my day. I had a long break until my next class. I went back to the house, grabbed some lunch, and then headed back. My next class was Informal Geometry. I'll just say a few words. I like the Professor, I like the people, I absolutely LOATHE Geometry. He had us take a test to see what level we were on...I literally about stood up and left the class. I think I'm at a level one...out of four. It is just silly. In High School I got an "A" in Algebra One, an "A" in Algebra II, a "B" in Pre-Calculus, a "C+" in Calculus, and a "C-" in Geometry. I mean, I passed by nothing. A 69 and below was failing, I passed Geometry with a 70. I did better in CALCULUS than GEOMETRY!!!! Needless to say I hope this class doesn't own me this semester. If you see or hear a story of an MTSU student shouting profanities at various Circles or Squares, don't worry about it. I'll be fine.

Now for today! My classes today went well. I'm kinda nervous about my Speech class. I said all 50 states in under 20 seconds, so I'm not a total loser anymore. I met some cool people. There was this cute girl in the class and I was thinking, "Wow, she's pretty cool." Then for her interesting fact, she said that she's been happily married for 5 months....she's 19. I swear, the girls I think are attractive have kids or are married. Crazy. I am absolutely psyched about Tennessee History. This is a class where I truthfully no NOTHING going into it. It will be fun to learn. For Regional Geography...I wanted to stand up and Clap when he read the syllabus. He is awesome!

This is a lot to take in one sitting. I hope you all are having a great day!

No comments: