Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day back at school! (Fall 2007)

Today was just kind of...whatever. Sunday night was our Pancake Dinner at the BCM, so I stayed there for a long time meeting people, helping to clean up, etc. I didn't get home until midnight or so. The only bad thing about that was I needed to get up at 6am the next morning because we are starting this prayer time/walk at MTSU on Monday mornings at 7. So I dragged myself out of bed, got to school, and started the day off and the week off pretty great. Getting together with fellow Christians and praying for our school.

I had three classes today. My first class (Child Drama) was fun. I didn't know what to think of it because I looked at the syllabus and it was like, "Will I have any free time this year?" I got in there and we played games like "Do you love your neighbor?" and "The Human Knot" and "2 truths and a lie." Basically the whole time was playing games. We'll read through and talk about the syllabus Wednesday! Plus I have to buy the book :-(

Then comes my next class (Survey of an Exceptional Child). I spaced my classes out where I have some free time between them to get on the computer, do homework, read, etc., before I need to be there. So I headed toward my next class which was in the Mass Communications building (Huge building near the Library), and I waited outside the door for class to start. Five minutes went by...then ten...then twenty...and then at twenty-five minutes, I was getting worried. I must have checked my schedule about five times. I was in the right place at the right time. The professor and some of the students got the wrong classroom or another one that was different than on our course listing, so we eventually made up. This class requires me to do a term paper, volunteer at least 8 hours with some form of special needs/special education programs, and reading/tests. Plus I have to buy the book :-(

I then rush over to my next class (Instructional Design and Technology in the Elementary School) because I only have 20 minutes from the end of that one until the next one. I really like the professor, but it doesn't seem like a regular technological class. We spent most of our time playing get-to-know-you-games, and then we talked about what we knew and didn't know about technology. I'm assuming the computer-stuff will come late. I think I'm going to like this class. The only thing is that I have trouble hearing her when she talks...something I need to learn to live with. Plus, I THINK I have to buy the book :-(

I have some good news...I GOT THAT CLASS I NEEDED ADDED!!! I finally just marched up to the secretary's office and asked her directly what the deal was. Once she saw my paperwork, she gave me permission to add the class. I'm just wondering, why didn't my Guidance Counselor say to talk to her? It would have solved a whole lot and saved me some time. I now have 16 hours though, and I am happy. At least for now. I know once all the tests and projects come in, I'll be banging my head against the wall saying, "Why me?!?"

We had our BCM Block Party tonight! I had a couple hours after my classes, and then headed over there at 4:30. I was in charge of the drink table. Not a huge responsibility, but I took it seriously. As a matter of fact one girl stated that I was a, "Life Saver" for giving her a Diet Coke. The Lord works in Mysterious ways!

Now I am at home just trying to unwind from the day. I have a 3 hour Biology class and then an hour and a half education class tomorrow. Fun stuff! Plus I have to buy some books :-(

No comments: