Saturday, April 19, 2008

Update for Spring 2008

It has come to my attention that I really don't update this blog very much. There has been a lot of stuff going on, and I haven't really been talking about it. Hopefully this will clear some things up on what's going on.

First off, things are going really well with my church. I'm enjoying the time I spend with my 7th grade Life-group on Wednesday nights. We just got done with a study we did correlating with the book, "Don't waste your life" by John Piper. Next Wednesday we will be on week three of our three week study on Jonah. I was really excited about this study and I still am. We're going to be talking about the last chapter, so it should be exciting. Other than that, the College Ministry is growing like crazy. I have been going to the College Life-groups on Thursday nights and that has been a lot of fun. It's good to just be in a small group and discuss things whether they be spiritual or just things that are going on in your life. The only sad part is I missed all my friends at the BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministry) this semester. Hopefully I can do more with them next semester.

School is going...okay. I am going to have to go an extra semester because I am 7 hours behind where I should be. My parents are okay with it, so I will just continue to do the best I can. I have enjoyed my classes this semester. I'll even end it with being trained in Coordinated School Health and First Aid and Safety! I also got to work with first graders in a reading group and teach some this semester. I'm going to miss the friendships I formed. I hope I see them in the future whether it be classes or as my colleagues. The only down part to this semester was I had a huge amount of projects and I still have some due before my final week of classes (which is this next week). So let's hope that I don't die of stress overload!

Things are going well personally. I have accepted the fact that I am naturally introverted but can push myself to be more extroverted. I feel that this is a good thing, but people can take this the wrong way. The only real bad part is I tend to internalize everything which means I am in my own little world most of the time. Trust me, no one wants to get out of it more than me sometimes :-).

I am also single again. I don't want to go into a lot of details about it. I just felt like it was the right decision and I think that since then it has really made both of us focus more on different things that we weren't as focused on before.

I hope that gives you a peek into what's going on. If you want to know anything else, let me know. I'll try to keep this updated. Have a great rest of the day!

No comments: