Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A little compliment goes a long way

Even though this may sound a little cliché, I think it is something important that we all should remember. The smallest things that we don't consider significant, could really mean something to someone else. Before I started my night tonight with my Life-groups, Jay Strother popped his head in to say hi to me and my group. He was telling my group how funny it was that I was in his Life-group in that very room and now I am leading one. Even though he is our Emerging Generations pastor now, it's nice to know that he still has fond memories of our lifegroup in High School and he still cares about us.

That's what I wanted to leave my Life-group with tonight. I remember when Jay would play games like "Spin the Pen" (that's when you spin a pen and when the pen stops, you say compliments or words of encouragement to whomever it's pointing to) or just take time to tell us that we were special and made for a purpose. I think I can speak for all of my friends when I say that experience lifted us all up and made us stand a little taller. I hoped that's what I could do tonight with my group.

I just Hope that as they went home tonight, they will realize that God loves them and that they are fearfully and wonderfully made. I don't care if that is the only thing they learn from me. If they can grasp that concept, I think that is one of the most important things to remember.


P.S. I am going to St. John and will post a list of all the people going and how you can pray for us! Also if you want to donate money to the "Send Scott to St. John" campaign, be sure to let me know!

No comments: