Friday, May 30, 2008

Update and Whoa!

I didn't tell you about the other things that I'm doing this summer. Silly me! I'm working at Legalbill. I enjoy working there. They are flexible with my hours so I can go on trips and stuff with my church, the pay is good, and I like who I work with. It's really cool this summer. Everyone got two new monitors and I am sitting at a very big desk near a window! I'm not faced toward it, but it is better than being cooped up and I'm closer to mom's office which is convenient for both of us.

I am also going on two camps this summer. I am going on the Middle School Camp which is from June 22nd-June 26th, and the High School Camp which is from June 26th-June 30th. It's at Doublehead Resort in Town Creek, Alabama which is one of my favorite places. I'm really excited about those camps. I know that I will be exhausted and possibly stretched to my breaking point, but the camp is also very relaxing.

Now for the Whoa part of my blog. It finally hit me the other day that I am now officially a Senior in College. Whoa! Can you believe that? I can't. I will probably be doing a "Victory Lap" as John calls it (going an extra semester or year), but that is totally fine. It's just crazy. I'm almost ready to go out there and get a job, my friends are getting engaged and/or married, I'm going to be 22, and the 6th graders that I had when I started teaching Lifegroups will be in 8th grade next semester and after that...High School. WHOA!

It's better to embrace what's happening than freak out about it. I'm getting older, life is going on, things are changing...in the words of the Huey Lewis, "It's all right."

I'm also going on the Mission Trip to St. John. If you are interested in going to a Crawfish Boil or donating to the "Send Scott to St. John" fund, contact me. (snomelltokz_y5@hotmail.com)

No comments: