Friday, September 12, 2008

Dreams, Choir, Kids

I think of the several years I have been blogging, I have only submitted a couple from the MTSU library. This is one that is being submitted from the MTSU library! I am waiting for Zach to go to lunch, so I thought I would update people on my life....or at least some random things happening with me.

First off, I had one of the coolest dreams last night. You know those things they use for the luge or skeleton? You know, where it's the one guy in that sled-like contraption and he is going down hill? Well I was riding a motorized one of those across the country because I needed to make it someplace or else something bad was going to happen. I had people following me who were trying to take me out, I was stuck in horrible rains, a fire, and long stretches of no life. It even came to the point where I found a place to stay, but discovered he had a camera and was taking video for the local church who was planning on assassinating me. Why? Because my death for the church would be the one thing that would help bring unity. Weird?!? I THINK SO!!!!

I started to listen to some of the choral arrangements on my Ipod. It made me realize that I miss singing in choirs doing grand choral arrangements. I listened to, "Oh My Luv's like a Red Rose" and it reminded me of the standing ovation we got when I was in All State when we sang, "Sleep." That moment still ranks in my top 10 by the way. My schedule and everything permits me from really being in choir except for maybe certain occasions on Sunday. I'm pretty rusty anyway. But there are lots of opportunities here, so I may be taken with some of them.

I'm also going to be tutoring this semester as well as doing Junior Achievement. My Senior Year is full! I love going into classrooms though. Which is probably a good thing since that is where I will spend most of my professional career!

Other than that, I have Genesis Weekend coming up which is like an overnight youth event for Middle School. Talk about God...stay up all night...fun stuff. It's okay though. I'll have help this year :-) I'm also getting used to being part of the leadership team for Oasis. It's fun, just a whole different mindset towards the ministry than what I was used to thinking.

I hope you all have a great rest of the day!

No comments: