Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall Focus

For those of you that didn't know, I attended fall focus in Brentwood this weekend. Fall Focus is when the Baptist Collegiate Ministries from all over Tennessee come together and worship, go to sessions (this year focusing on missions), and meet and interact with other colleges students. I originally was only going to be able to go on Saturday but do to certain circumstances, I was able to go the whole time.

This was a great experience. I got to talk with my friends from the BCM that I don't normally get to talk to as much here at MTSU. I met some new people and I was able to take time off from this busy schedule and focus (see the theme?) on where I am and what I'm supposed to be doing. I didn't have any obligations, I wasn't in charge of anything, I was just going and seeing what God had to say.

The turning point for me this weekend was during our morning worship time. They had all these "worship experiences" set up, and we were able to take advantage of it during worship. Me however, my first thought was I needed to get away from all the noise and journal. So I took my Bible, Journal, and a blue pen (I write only in blue pen in this journal because I am crazy) and I went outside. It was beautiful sunny weather in Brentwood that day and being outside was just what I needed. I wrote about my thoughts, what I wanted to hear this weekend, and things that have been crossing my mind. I came to the conclusion that I wanted to hear two things: One was that God will reveal to me what I need to do now that I know what he wants from me, and two was how to find opportunities to form relationships with people who don't know Christ.

God answered a lot in the very next breakout session I had. One of the main points of that session was, "Be Obedient to God in the small things, and trust him with the things you can't control." When I heard that, an old man in my head yell BINGO! All the dots lined up on that card, and it was all vertical; simple answer for what I thought was a tough question.

I kinda have a feeling on what I need to do for the next question, but I still need to figure that out. For the time being, I am going to search and pray about it.

Fall Focus was centered around living Missionally. I'm going to leave with a quote from the Blues Brothers that is very applicable to our lives.

"We're on a mission from God."

No comments: