Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas and Remembrance

Hey Everybody! I hope that you all had a great Christmas. Mine was very hectic. My sister and Dad got home the night of the 22nd and Mom and I got home the night of the 23rd. None of us did any real Christmas Shopping so we were all getting our stuff on Christmas Eve. Later that day we went to BBC's Christmas Eve service. I have never heard so many crying/screaming babies in my life! However it was amazing when we all had our candles lit. At 11pm, Ferrell and I decided to go to the Methodist's Christmas Eve Service. I have to say I was really impressed and I enjoyed it! Some of it was unusual, but it was great. I am going to try to go again next year if someone will go with me.

I ended up getting a Nintendo DS (which I didn't ask for) on top of some awesome gift certificates that I haven't used yet! I got some other stuff, but that was the major thing. I got my dad the DVD "Mama Mia," my mom some certificates for two manicures, and my sister a DS game (Final Fantasy IV) and a book called, "Wet Cats."

For those of you that are wondering why I was gone for so long and why it says "remembrance" on the title, my Grandmother (Phyllis Lemons) passed away near the 16th. It was amazing to talk to people in Lander (as well as my family) that knew her very well. She was loved by everyone. There were many that claimed her as one of their best friends! She showed us, myself included, how much difference one person could make just by living an unselfish and humble life that pleased God.

I decided in honor of her death, I would post a list of top 5 things I have learned from my grandmother

  1. God First
  2. Treat everyone you meet as a friend, not a stranger
  3. You can never have enough coats, gloves, Kleenex, clocks, or candy
  4. Don't just sit around waiting for something to happen, get up and do something about it
  5. "Smile...because it worked for me" (this was said during her funeral)

Everyone have a great holiday!

No comments: