Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dentists and My Life

I'm on my Spring Break this week. Nothing really big has been going on. I've been working since Yesterday and I had a dentist appointment today before going to work. I like working, but I'm not a big fan of the dentist. For one thing it hurts my mouth to have it open for that long period of time. Then they poke you with sharp metal things, scratch it against your teeth, tell you how you need to floss more, and you go home with some "goodies." At least what Dentists consider goodies. If it were my kind of goodies there would be a Fat Moe's burger, frosty, and a coke. Can you imagine that at a dentists office? "We got your teeth all cleaned. Now be sure to eat all these fatty foods, drink all this soda, and don't skip out on those chocolates!" Of course I could see that being done because in their minds it would be like, "Ha ha ha....They'll be back soon!" But the dentist I went to today was very nice, very fun, and for the first time in a long time, it didn't make me feel like I wanted to run out the door in front of traffic. So it gets the Scott approval! :-)

I really didn't know what to write about in the blog today. I felt like I should post something. I've been thinking of a couple songs. I ended up spending most of my time on, "I Believe I can fly." Especially that one section in the second verse. It says, "I was on the verge of breaking down. Sometimes the silence can seem so loud. There are miracles I must achieve, but first I know it starts inside of me." This is a very profound song for being on the "Space Jam" soundtrack. I was sitting in the quiet trying to think of what to write about. When you are in a quiet room or in a place with complete silence, it seems that every thought in your head comes to you. You have to wonder how you can achieve inner peace if you can't even find silence in the silence. The silence is so loud. It's at that moment when you really have to look inside yourself and see the real truth behind it all. As it says in the song, "If I just believe it, there's nothing to it." Something to think about....

Before I go, I have a quick joke to post. Two Snowmen were sitting next to each other outside. One Snowman turns to the other and says, "Do you smell Carrots?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man Scott, I love reading what you write...you could write about an old boot and make it entertaining! Hope spring break treats you well!