Saturday, March 25, 2006

I need "Manly" Lessons.

I think I need to take some "Manly" lessons or rather lessons on how to be more manly. As I was eating my salad tonight watching "My Best Friend's Wedding," I thought to myself, "What am I doing?" First off, I absolutely do not like that movie. The only thing I really like Julia Roberts in is "Notting Hill" which is a great movie. Yet while I was watching the ending during the wedding, something got caught in my eye. I don't know whether it was dust or something, but I think I started to tear up a bit. It was because of the dust. I wasn't crying...honestly. I wasn't eating my salad, watching "My Best Friends Wedding," all alone while I shouted things at the Television...I was lifting Weights talking about how the Titans are going to do next year, while listening to Metallica.

Who am I kidding? It would probably be something more like me sitting on the treadmill, listening to Michael Buble and eating oreos. Notice me saying sitting...nothing about actual working out on the treadmill. As I am currently writing this, my father told me that he will give me manly lessons. Teach me how to scratch things, spit, and how to pretend we don't understand women (These are his words). He could also teach me how to react properly to football games as I am pretty quiet and often too rational when it comes to the ref's decisions and bad calls. I think I'll start these manly lessons right now and take off my rings and necklace and hit something. Where is that dog...I'm just kidding! I love my dogs. I'll just hit a pillow or something.

I really do have strong opinions on what a true man really is but frankly if I stated them now, it would just look like I am trying to cover up for an insecurity of not fitting the mold of a sterotypical male in today's society. Therefore, I will just leave with that in mind. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing about being manly is never, never, never, never, never, admit to watching My Best Friends Wedding and eating a salad. You may have been doing that, but to everyone else you tell them you were eating ribs and watching True Grit, Rambo, or maybe even Mortal Combat.

Scott-tea said...

I was watching Rambo. It just turned out that while I was watching that movie, some guy thought it would be funny to say, "I need Manly lessons" and make a blog out of it. Once I beat him up, I went back to eating my 75 oz Steak in peace.