Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hong Kong Day 7 (2012)

Hello Everyone!

It is still very rainy here in Hong Kong!  It looks like the rain will continue to stay with us, but not at high typhoon rates which is good.  We have one more day of VBS left and then Parent night.  I probably won't get to blog tomorrow at a very good time because of that, so I'll tell you how that goes later.

We don't really have any updates from yesterday as far as having conversations with kids about the markings of their decision cards.  Some of the kids didn't understand why they marked it the way they did, some go to church, some don't go to church, some are very knowledgeable, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.  As far as today went, we had a good number of kids.  I think I got the number wrong yesterday and it was actually 125 or so.  I don't think I got the number today, but it was over 100.  I know my group had 16 in it today.  Once again very uneven with 14 boys and 2 girls.  The word that kept coming to my head to describe today was organized chaos!  They listened to the story, we reviewed the days, and did some activities.  It is very difficult to get them to follow instructions.  I have had Winnie translate a lot more for me these past couple of days which has helped.  I am pretty sure that the kid I have the most trouble with doesn't speak English at all.  The really good thing is that they seem to be listening and comprehending the story and lesson.  It's just everything in between is a fight for their attention.  I would have to say though that even though it was chaos today, it was a good day.  It was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it was good.

After VBS, we ended up going to Stanley Market to shop.  I went American today and had some McDonalds.  I have to say I'm a little upset.  I got a Big Mac meal there and the place was clean, very modernized, had a cafe, and great service.  The price for the meal?  It translates to roughly $3.00.  That's half the price than in America!  Plus it was almost better!  We need to look into this.  Regardless, I was able to do some shopping and was pretty happy with what I got.  I never know what to get people, so it's kind of weird.  Hope they like it.

That's about it for now.  Hope everyone is doing well!

Things to Pray for:
-Family Night tomorrow night
-Last day of VBS
-Strength for team
-Decisions that were or need to be made
-Weather

Thanks!

Scott

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Moore said...

I think you have the class that RVG and I(and Morgan)had last year. Sounds just like them and I think the right age. IDK, but I do know that I feel ya, brother! It's hard to really get to know them when they are wild and crazy...I guess that's who they are. haha I do know that they love you and will always remember you and the fun they had. -Leigh Ann