Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hong Kong 2010 (Day 6)

Hello Everyone!

I am coming to the end of my day, but this was the only time I could really find to blog. Hopefully it won't sound to jumbled because I'm a little tired.

Today was the day we were presenting the plan of salvation. I looked over the passage about 4 times or so, and I had a good idea about what I would do. Basically what I did is I told the story from Zacchaeus' point of view. I was really nervous as several of my team members could tell. I did do drama everyday last year, but I also had time to think over it and practice last year. This was a last minute thing. I have to say though, it went very well! I had the kid's attention. I could see their eyes focused on me, and I think they were really following what I was saying. I got several compliments from different adults as well, so I think it went well. Zach presented the Gospel after I performed, and it was very clear and concise and done very well. In our classroom, Courtney was the one who explained the ABC's of becoming a Christian. He broke it down so they could understand it and used examples that were very good. We had two kids from our class talk to Zach about decision they would possibly make. We'll know more by the end of the week. Overall though it was a great day and nothing really went wrong! The only thing that was possibly a hindrance would be the weather (very very rainy) but it wasn't that big of a deal.

After VBS, we ate at the University where CBIC meets. Then we went back to the hotel. Some of the women went to the Jade Market and Zach, Courtney, and I went to the History Museum. It was great! I got several pictures. I wish I could make a day of it because there was so much information and so much to see. Being there for two hours felt like I was rushing through it. It was a great experience though. I hope to go back there again.

We just got back from dinner with some of the ICM kids and Caroline at a small Nepali restaurant. It is always great to see the kids and Caroline. The ICM is such a special place and wonderful ministry. There are a lot of ICM kids in Courtney and I's class and a lot of the kids are coming to the VBS this week, so we're excited that they are there!

Things to pray for:

1) Two more days of VBS!
2) The weather. It's tough to plan certain things when the weather is bad.
3) Strength. We don't get a whole lot of time to rest, and lack of sleep catches up with you

Thanks, and have a great rest of the day!

Scott

2 comments:

Ferrell said...

You and the whole team are in my prayers buddy!!! Give Zach my best. I know that you are giving it your all. God has a plan for you and these children!! Don't discouraged when you hit a rough spot. I know it has to be tough at some points, but think of all the good you are doing.

Your efforts and passion to spread the word along with the other team members is inspiring to me and others I am sure. Many of us miss all of you back here at home but what you are doing is soooo important. Know that we support you and your efforts. Use this knowledge to fuel yourself these through the last days that you are there so that you may give all that you have to offer.

Your a great man of God, Scott. Not only are you my best friend but I love you like a brother. Stay safe, have fun, but keep spreading the great word of God.

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service."-- 1 Timothy 1:12

Ferrell

Mom said...

Hi Bud: It sounds like it was a great day and I know you planted great seeds that will grow after you all are back home. I will pray for strength to finish VBS strong. We miss you. Love, Mom