Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hong Kong 2010 (Pre-trip Blog)

Hey Everyone!

I didn't do this last year, but thought I would do it this year. When I went on the mission trips to St. John, we would do a Pre-trip blog all the time. Basically it was to say what you were expecting to get out of this trip, what you think God is trying to tell you, and what to pray for...or something like that. I'm sure you can find my old blogs and see about it if you are interested. For this one, I just want to share my thoughts about the trip and then leave you with some stuff that you can pray for my team and for myself. Does that sound alright? I hope so, because I'm going to do it anyway!

Well...it's finally here. After months of will I won't I, coming to terms with the decision and possible implications, and just all the stuff that has been going on with me from January to now, I am going to leave for Hong Kong in less than 12 hours. It almost seems a little unreal. Yet I'm sitting in my room with two packed bags, a carry-on, and listening to the sounds of my keyboard as I write about the upcoming trip. So, how do I feel? Other than the fact that I feel like I'm missing something (which happens on practically every trip), I feel nervous and excited. I feel mostly nervous about the plane ride. Lacey and I are leaving earlier than everyone else and we are going to meet them in Hong Kong (because we're coming home earlier). I don't like the fact that I'll be away from my whole team, but it will be all right. Will come to prayer requests later! I do feel pretty prepared for it, and I know I will have LOTS of time on the plane to get ready as well, so it should be good. Although you can't always prepare yourselves for what will happen because anyone who has ever been on a mission trip can tell you...anything can happen.

For those of you who are reading this, I am going to list some things that you can keep in your thoughts and prayers.

  1. The Plane Ride - Pray that we make the connections on time, pray for the flight attendants and the pilots, pray that we may use the time on the plane for prep. and relaxation, and that we all meet up in Hong Kong
  2. The Team - Pray that relationships will continue to build as we work together. Pray for individual strength as well as group strength.
  3. The Volunteers - We have several volunteers that will help us at VBS this year. Pray for our relationship with them, their relationships with the kids, and communication between all of us to be effective!
  4. The Kids - We expect there to possibly be over a hundred kids there, so pray that their eyes and ears will be open next week and that we may build relationships with them.
  5. The Church - The church we are working with there is putting this on as well as hosting us. Pray for their pastor, congregation, and that they may be a light in the Hong Kong Community.
Also on a personal note, please pray for me. As we say about this trip, "It's not a "tough" trip in the physical sense, but it is a spiritually tough trip."

Thank you, and I will blog again as soon as I can!

Scott

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Praying for you Scott!!! Hope you got there safely!