Friday, July 30, 2010

Hong Kong 2010 (Days 7 & 8)

Hello Everyone!

I finally found some free time to be able to tell you what has been going on the past couple of days. We have our VBS family night in about 4 hours, so we are all just resting and refreshing until then. I'll go ahead and briefly talk about what we did the past couple of days.

Day 7 - This was our fourth day of VBS. We talked about "How can I be like Jesus?" and there were several different stories and things to do. Nothing really big or exciting happened. The main difference was that Janice helped sit in on Courney and I's class and help interpret for some of the kids we felt may be having trouble. It was actually good to have extra help in that class. After VBS, we went to Stanley Market. We ate at a pizza place (which took most of our time), and then we shopped around the market. I got a couple of things and was happy with one of the paintings/pictures I got. If I upload the picture later, I may put it on this blog. After Stanley Market, we came back and dinner was on our own. Courtney, Zach, Janice, and I went to Hong Kong Island to eat at this Mexican Restaurant. It was good but...definitely a different neighborhood. I'll let you fill in the blanks for that.

Day 8 - Today was our last day at VBS! There was a feeling of excitement and a feeling of sadness as we were ready to be done with it because of the hard work and tiredness we were feeling, but we were also very sad to see it end because we got to know the kids and volunteers really well and tonight will be our last night to see most of them. We actually won't see the ICM kids tonight because they are busy. That was sad for me because Lacey and I will be leaving Sunday morning and that would be the next time we could see them. So this was my last day getting to see those kids. They did give me their names and (almost) all of them are on facebook, so I will probably hear from them again!

Things to pray for:

1) Family Night is in 4 or so hours. Some of the parents of these kids are not Christian, so pray that they get to see the program and hear the Gospel being presented.

2) Activities tomorrow. It is whatever we want to do. Pray for safety

3) Clearwater Bay Church. Pray that they will be able to follow-up on these kids and families.

Thanks, and have a great rest of the day!

No comments: