Thursday, January 19, 2006

Welcome back, Scotter! (Part Two)

Feeling very stressed on my first day of school, it seemed like there was only one way to go. Actually, it was more like praying that it wouldn't get any worse! The next day I had three classes. I had Research and Argumentative Writing, College Algebra, and Survey of World Civilization II. In the words of the famous announcer Dierks McPunitar, "Let the Games Begin!" (I made up that name because I have no idea who first said it)

My first class was Argumentative Writing. I didn't feel that it would be too bad, because I enjoy writing. Something weird and unusual happened. I picked the same time for this class that I had picked for Expositry Writing last semester. I was looking for my room number and it turned out that I am in the exact same room I was in last semester! Interesting, isn't it? My professor for that class was very jovial. He was obsessed with someone's laptop that was brought in, but overall I can see that this will be a good class.

With that feeling resonating inside of me, I went out to go to College Algebra. I didn't know what to expect of this, because I haven't taken Algebra by itself since 8th grade! Don't get me wrong. The last course I took in math was Calculus, so it's not like I haven't used it! It was in the nursing building which took me forever to find. It turned out to be an interesting class. The women that is teaching it is a little hard to understand because of her accent. Despite all of that, I understood what we were talking about! Looking on my day, everything was good. Now it's on to History.

I got into class, and was worried that it would be really difficult. It will be a lot of work, but the professor is really cool. He seems like a funny guy, and he is willing to help. Right when I got home, I opened all of my books that were still pre-packaged. I am not dropping any classes!

Things seem to be going well. I'm pretty happy with how everything is going. Michael and I even got to play some darts last night. It kind of bummed me out that he beat me 3 out of 4 games.....oh well. You can't win them all!

No comments: