Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Welcome back, Scotter!

I was worried about today because it's the whole, "Calm before the Storm" theory. To start off with, it stared raining last night and continued throughout the day. My first class wasn't until 1:00 this afternoon, so I did have some time to sleep in and relax. However, there was also a lot of time to worry about where to find the classes, what the professors would be like, and so on. Finally the time came to go to school.

I had two classes today. Topics in Physical Science and Survey of United States History II. A friend of mine is in Physical Science with me, so that is pretty cool. I don't really know what to make of that class. The professor seems really nice. He is very passionate about learning, science, his family, and he told us that we will leave the course learning not only physical science, but also philosophy and asking and answering the really tough questions of life. He was a football coach, an athlete, and an actual research scientist. He means business! It's the class that you are afraid to sleep in our give the wrong answer...at least so far. As he put it he is either, "All wet" or "a lot of fun." Either way it will be interesting.

After that class, I walked in the rain to history, with my broke umbrella. History class is REALLY big. Roll itself took more than 5 minutes. I got in there and this women professor is....well....let's say that she is very enthusiastic about what she does. We went over expectations and all the homework we have to do. A certain amount of chapter(s), a book outside of class, then exams and paper(s) coming up. In the midst of this, I was feeling very overwhelmed. Then I just laughed. I wrote in big capital letters, "BRING IT ON!" Ha! TAKE THAT STRESS!!! The professor seems really nice and is willing to help. I just have to take a deep breath and say, "It's college."

I have three more classes to go...hopefully in those classes I will find something that a little lighter. If it's all nuts this semester, then I may be gaining the freshman 15 in the next 4-5 months! I will just say this....BRING IT ON!

No comments: